Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Yatton 17 - Drybrook 13
Your News Yatton 17 - Drybrook 13

Yatton Scorers - Try C Edwards, Pens 4 G Osborne

1st seasons match rustiness worked out in final quarter

Both sides signalled their evenly matched intentions by trading penalty conversions within the first ten minutes and then they each suffered from missed conversions in the next ten.

Immediately Drybrook made amends for their consecutive failed conversions when, with advantage of the slight slope, Skipper and Flanker Lee Ward struck through tackles to touchdown, Fly-half Aaron Ryder converting from far out at twenty minutes.

Pinned down Yatton suffered from overkicking while Drybrooks passes were frequently wayward.

But minutes before the end of the first half Scrum-half George Osbornes penalty retrieved some points difference, only to see Ryder grab back a penalty deep into injury time turning around with the home side trailing 6-13.

Yatton upped their intensity at the start of the second half and came away with another penalty but Drybrook were shocked into responding to the eroding four points difference in score line. The best of their persistent attacks was only stopped by Wing Ollie Nobles crunching tackle on the try line which caused the ball to spill forward, at the hour mark. Minutes later, in a Yatton attack, Nobles break out certain try was halted by a disputed foot in touch on a crowded touchline.

The home side were beginning to look the stronger and a rhythm developing. But Drybrooks heart stopping interception, for home side supporters, with a clear field in their own twenty-two had come as the result of a Yatton attack being allowed to play advantage. The election to take three points from the resulting penalty and fifteen minutes to go led to a nail biting finish with both sides having everything to play for.

It was Wing Chris Smeagol Edwards who had the final say with his touchdown in the corner for Yatton, with four minutes to play, and it was Yatton again who finished the match on the attack.

Next Saturday Yattons 1st XV travel away to Gloucestershire side Gordon League while the 2nd XV meet Nailsea Backwell 1sts at home and Yattons 3rds also are at home against Old Culverhaysians 2nds.

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching