Username Password
join FREE
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Pershore 41 - Edwardians 7
Your News Pershore 41 - Edwardians 7

Pershore again produced a workmanlike efficient performance to dismantle

a dogged Edwardians. Edwardians have been putting in better performances

as of late, and although they presented a physical challenge, they were

simply outclassed. With conditions perfect for running rugby, Pershore

stated their intent from the off, with the ball being spread wide

through several phases of play. Eventually Pershore had a line out on

the Edwardians 22 metre line, a clever move enabled Marcus Whyte to

storm down the blind side, and touch down in the corner. Will Woodhouse

converted the conversion. From the restart Pershore again stretched the

visitors defence, with Woodhouse at fly half giving Pershore a more

structured attack. His passing, and variety of kicking, always putting

Edwardians on the back foot. From a kick ahead, the Edwardians full back

got caught in possession, the ball was quickly turned over by Rob Owen,

who popped the ball to Chris Copson who crashed over. The difficult

conversion attempt hit the bar. Pershores enterprising play was further

rewarded when from a quick tap penalty on the far right side of the

pitch, the ball was recycled quickly through a number of impressive

forward forays, and when the Edwardians defence was all at sea, quick

ball released Matt Harwood to cross the whitewash in the corner.The

conversion attempt, from very wide out, was narrowly missed by

Woodhouse. With half time approaching, a lapse in concentration saw the

nippy Edwardians 10, jinx his way under the posts, and he converted his

own try. The second half started much the same as the first, with

Pershore dominating proceedings, particularly up front, where the front

row of Peel, Hunphries, and Holmes gave their counterparts a torrid

afternoon, and Toby Grace giving a commanding performance in the line

out. With plenty of ball, and fine distribution at 10, Pershores backs

began to play some lovely rugby. Matt Harwood completed his brace when

he attacked wide out, beat his winger, passed inside to Ellis, who took

on the full back, returned the pass, for Harwood to touch down. The move

was almost replicated soon afterwards,when this time Steph Ellis cut

outside his centre, drew the winger, released Harwood, who in turn drew

the full back, and his pass inside was gathered by Ellis who stormed

over under the posts. Woodhouse converting. With the clock running down,

replacement Lewis Dolphin hit a flat pass off Sid Hirons at pace, and

managed to barge himself over the line. Woodhouse converted to complete

the scoring for the day. Pershore remain second in the league, on course

for promotion, but will have to concentrate with the visit of Kings

Norton to Piddle Park next Saturday

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching