Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Blaydon 13 - Tynedale 11
Your News Blaydon 13 - Tynedale 11

Blaydon retained their local bragging rights with this 3rd win from 4 encounters since Tynedale joined them in League One but it took some considerable effort to achieve. For most of the second period they were under the cosh and unable to get out of their own half, yet still defiant in defence when the bruising battle was finally brought to a halt after 10 minutes of time added on.

Given the horrendous conditions it was never going to be a classic but the honours were fairly even in the first period when all the points were scored. Adam Armstrong got the board moving with a 3rd minute penalty for Blaydon but Gavin Beasley was soon to level with a similar effort and then again from close range to put Tynedale in front.

When Kerry Wood, a Blaydon flanker, was yellow carded for handling in a ruck the game sprang into life, but surprisingly in favour of the home side. The Blaydon pack had marched a rolling maul well over half way before Andrew Baggett released James Fitzpatrick with a neat lay-off. The centre cut loose with a dazzling run, the highlight of the game, deep into the 22 for Tom Rock on his shoulder to finish it off under the posts, Armstrong converting.

Tynedale were stung into action and after hounding Blaydon into touch in their own 22, the forwards drove it on from the line-out for lock Andy Murray to dive over.

Crucially the conversion was missed, by the interval Armstrong had put over what was to be a match winning penalty, and as the weather worsened so did the prospects of any further scoring after the interval.

John Brennan

Half time 13-11 Full time 13-11

Star man: James Fitzpatrick (Blaydon)

Referee: Richard Kelly

Attendance: 705



Try: Rock 20

Con: Armstrong 20

Pens: Armstrong 3, 33


Try: Andrew Murray 25

Pens: Beasley 8, 13

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching