Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Pershore 34 - Harbury 7
Your News Pershore 34 - Harbury 7

Although this was a convincing win, Pershore felt a little dissapointed

that they did not score more points, especially during the second half.

Pershore dominated the first half totally, giving Harbury a lesson in

running Rugby. Pershores intention was clear, spread the ball wide, and

move the large Harbury forwards around the park. It soon became apparent

that quick rucked ball, and supporting runners would cause Harbury

problems, and it was no surprise when a move down the blind side, and a

lovely inside pass from Peel, released Martin Hope who crossed in the

corner. Forward domination put Pershore in strong attacking positions,

and after a succession of forward drives, Marcus Whyte picked up from a

ruck and crashed over. Dolphin converting. Harbury defended admirably ,

but they were always on the back foot. Again Pershore pressed forward,

and when the ball was transferred across the backs, quick ruck ball

changed the angle of attack, and the overlap was there for Alex Peel to

cross the whitewash. Pershore now began to run the ball with confidence,

and whenever Steph Ellis received the ball, he caused panic in the

Harbury defence with his scintillating pace. It was only an excellent

defence that kept him out. Eventually though it was a fine individual

effort from Matt Syphus that increased the lead. Adrian Hanson made the

initial break, he drew the midfield defence, offloaded in the tackle to

Syphus, who soared down the wing, cut inside the full back to touch down

under the posts, Dolphin converted. With the half time whistle

approaching, a scrum on the 22 gave Pershore a fine attacking position,

Hirons went wide, passed inside to Hope who touched down to double his

tally. Unfortunately Pershore seemed to switch off in the second half,

and rather than continue playing to the pattern that was providing

scores, they took Harbury on up front, where their large plodding

forwards, slowed the game right down, and nullified Pershores scoring

chances. It was a pretty dull second half affair, with the only

highlight being a clever grubber kick by Hanson, gathered by Steph

Ellis, who outpaced the covering defence to score in the corner. With

the game coming to an end Harbury managed to put some passes together,

and eventually the ball went wide to Smith, who showed some pace to

touch down in the corner, the difficult conversion was kicked by

Dimmock. Pershore thank the match sponser John Woodcock of PSP Ltd .

Pershore travel to Kings Norton on Saturday 5 Dec where they will

continue their league campaign.

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching