Username Password
join FREE
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Pershore 30 - Veseyans 12
Your News Pershore 30 - Veseyans 12

Pershore produced an efficient performance on Saturday, considering

there was a number of changes to the usual starting line up. The

Veseyans forwards were very big, but Pershores pack, who have been more

than a match for everyone this season, dominated the set piece to a

considerable extent, again especially in the scrummage where Alex Peel,

Jameson Lane, and Karl Evans gave their counterparts a torrid afternoon.

The weather was very poor, horizontal driving rain, and a significant

wind, but such was Pershores control, especially at close quarters, it

didn't seem to matter. With Matt Syphus at fly half, he kicked Pershore

into the Veseyans 22, whereupon the full back knocked on. The ref

allowed advantage, and after a series of powerful forward drives, Marcus

Whyte picked up and drove over the line, whereupon he converted his own

try. The next fifteen mins saw Pershore camped in the Veseyans 22, but

determined tackling kept them out. Pershore never lost their patience,

and from a lineout, quick ball was delivered to the midfield. A series

of rucks stretched Veseyans , a clever inside pass gave Martin Hope

space to take an outside line outside the covering defence to score in

the corner. With the half coming to an end Veseyans put together five

mins of possesion, and from a lineout catch and drive, their winger

Jones touched down. The difficult conversion was successful. The second

half began with the weather getting worse, but Pershore taking control .

Loose forwards Chris Copson,and Steve Holmes won the battle of the

breakdown, and from this plenty of ball was won. From a quick tap

penalty , Pershore ran from their own 22, Hope and Whyte made holes,

quick hands released Steph Ellis down the blind side wing, and his

inside pass to Ash White saw him galloping under the posts, Whyte

converting. Pershore then began to take complete control of proceedings,

with the weather being an unlikely ally to Veseyans total capitulation.

Again the frowards put themselves in strong attacking positions, and

when the Veseyans defence had been sucked in, quick ball to winger Rich

Jenkinson saw him touch down in the corner. A late penalty from Whyte,

and a well taken drop goal from Adrian Hanson completed Pershores

scoring. Right on the full time whistle the Veseyans winger Allott

intercepted the ball on his own try line, and with no defence in front

of him ran the full length of the pitch to complete the days scoring,

and with it the final whistle.Pershores man of the match for his support

play, controlled aggression, and ball carrying ability was Marcus

Whyte.Pershore return to League duty on Saturday with Harbury visiting

Piddle Park.

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching