Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Upton Upon Severn 24 - Pershore 38
Your News Upton Upon Severn 24 - Pershore 38

Allthough the scoreline suggests a close game, the truth is Pershore

controlled this game from start to finish. If Pershore could have

eliminated elementary errors, and rectify the wrong decisions at

critical scoring opportunities, they would have scored 50 to 60 points.

Their set piece play was dominant throughout, especially in the

scrummage, where on occasions Uptons scrum decimated to such an extent

that Pershore had nothing in front of them. It was expected that on a

couple of occasions penalty tries would have been given, but

frustratingly the ref asked for the scrums to be reset. Pershore started

the game at a frantic pace, putting phases of play together, cleverly

using their big ball carriers to make in roads into Uptons 22.

Eventually the pressure told and infringements at the ruck allowed Lewis

Dolphin to convert two penalties. Pershore attacked the blind side from

a scrum on Uptons 22, the forwards rumbled on and Upton conceded a

penalty at the ensuing ruck . Scrum half Sid Hirons took a quick tap and

popped the ball to Karl Evans who crashed over. Pershore continued to

press forward, and as they were about to increase their lead, they were

penalised for holding on. Upton ran the ball from their own try line,

the ball was quickly transferred to the dangerous Plimlow, who cruised

around the defence to score. The dificult conversion was kicked.

Pershore then began to put their phases of play together, with Peel ,

Grace and Copson, making hard yards, a neat inside pass from Dolphin to

Adrian Hanson, saw the latter score under the posts. Dolphin converted.

18 to 7 at half time. Upton narrowed the gap after half time with a

penalty success. Pershore now entered a purple patch with them winning

the vast majority of the ball, and playing in Uptons half. From a

lineout, the forwards caught and drived forward 10 metres, the ball was

quickly whipped out wide where Matt Harwood outpaced his opposite man to

touch down. From the resulting kick off, Pershore kicked downfield , and

the ball was knocked on under the posts. From the scrunm under the

posts, No8 Martin Hope picked up , and took two defenders over the line

with him. Dolphin converted. With Pershore seemingly cruising to

victory, Upton threw caution to the wind, and began to run everything,

and they were duly rewarded as the ever dangerous, and very quick

Plimlow, exploited a nervous defence to score two quick tries, both

converted. With ten minutes to go , Pershore finally wrapped the victory

up, when a series of forward drives from a lineout, enabled Martin Hope

to to cross the whitewash with his second try. With time running down,

another hand in the ruck close to Uptons line, enabled Dolphin to kick

another penalty to seal a well deserved win. This was a very good local

derby, with an intense physicality to it. For his work in the engine

room, line out supremacy, and work around the park, man of the match was

Toby Grace. Pershore welcome Dunlop to Piddle Park next Saturday where

it should be a cracker, as it will be first against second in the


join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching