Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Kidderminster 8 - Pershore 10
Your News Kidderminster 8 - Pershore 10

Pershore played their last warm up match away at Kidderminster on

Saturday, and left with a 10 pts to 8 victory. With both teams a little

rusty , it took a while before they both got into a rhythm, but it was

Kidderminster that settled first. Their first phase possession was good

, which enabled their fly half Mcllellan to dominate proceedings, which

he continued to do for the majority of the game. From a scrum,Kiddy

attacked through the centres but a resolute defence held firm, Pershore

turned over the ball, but were penalised for holding on, the resulting

Kiddy penalty was missed. From the restart again the Kiddy backs tried

to spread the ball wide, but Pershore centre Matt Syphus was guilty of

tackling the man without the ball, and this time the penalty was

successful. After twenty minutes the Pershore forwards begin to

dominate, and start to give Kiddy, especially at scrum time, a torrid

afternoon . Against the run of play , a well timed miss move in the

backs, allowed speedy winger Davies to outstrech Pershores covering

defence, to score in the corner. 8-0 to Kidderminster. Allthough the

first half ends with Kiddy in front, it starts to look ominous for them

at the beginning of the second half. Pershores big ball carriers Marcus

Whyte, Martin Hope and Alex Peel start to make holes in Kiddys defence,

and from such continuous forward pressure eventually Jameson Lane

crashed over from 5 metres. The conversion was missed. With Pershore now

having the lions share of possession, winger Steph Ellis began to see a

lot more of the ball, and with his searing pace, and quick feet, he

caused Kidderminster problems every time he touched the ball. With what

little ball Kidderminster did have though, their backs did look

inventive, and dangerous, but Pershores defence, throughout the team,

was excellent. The final score of the match began from a scrum in the

middle of the pitch. Martin Hope broke down the blindside of the scrum,

in turn he popped the ball to Steve Holmes who found a small gap between

the winger and covering full back. Andy Jenkinson delayed his run to

perfection, and took the inside pass from Holmes at speed, and touched

down in the corner. Again, the conversion was missed. On the whole,

Pershore played well, but with Old Coventrians visiting Piddle Park on

Saturday Sept 5, Pershore know that a more consistent performance will

be required, to secure victory.

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching