Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Yatton 30 - Stroud 14
Your News Yatton 30 - Stroud 14

Yatton Scorers- Tries 2 C Edwards, J Bale, L Richardson; Cons 2 G Osborne; Pens 2 G Osborne

‘Again front 8 proved solid platform for whole team victory’

With nine points from their last two matches, Yatton are gradually moving themselves towards a safer League position, but not before being given a jolt during the third quarter of this fixture and later receiving the information that Whitehall, the team they had narrowly defeat away last Saturday, had achieved a surprise victory away against third in the table Weston Hornets.

During a quiet start in the November sunshine, both sides attempted to trade penalties for the opening 20 minutes, but Stroud’s two kicks flew wide and Yatton were six points in front.

On the half hour Captain Chris Edwards broke down the wing adding a try with Stroud later finishing the first half in Yatton’s 22.

Within seconds of the turnaround centre Jon Bale gathered loose ball from a Stroud attack and won the race for their try-line from halfway.

Ten minutes later Yatton’s pressure from the pack set pieces caused confusion on the opposition try-line with a series of scrums and alert scrumhalf Lloyd Richardson, in the dead ball area, plucked the defending high pass out of the air and grounded the ball. George Osborne’s conversion made it 23 for Yatton with no reply.

However visitor’s Stroud showed that they had no intention of rolling over, minutes later they were down the pitch for centre Luke Dando to crash over at pace from an attacking scrum under the posts.

Surprised Yatton were then set-back, while they were on the attack, when a short lived replacement prop was yellow carded. Stroud made the numerical advantage count and the game seemed to swing in their favour with second row Joe Hopkins grounding the ball. Matt Fogarty’s second easy conversion of a try brought the visitor’s some hope and the score line to 23-14.

As the end to end high tempo game continued in fading daylight, at the beginning of six minutes of injury time, stand-off Ollie Noble conjured a break in mid-field and gave Edwards the task of claiming the homeside’s fourth and extra league point bonus try. Osborne’s steady conversion from out wide finally settled the needed emphatic home win for Yatton.

Yatton 1st XV’s next scheduled game is a league fixture away against Barton Hill on Saturday 3rd December; also on the day the 2nd XV face Wells 2nd XV at home while the 3rd XV are due to travel away to Old Culverhaysians 2nds.

join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching