Username Password
Chat about Rugby in our Forum
everything rugby
latestSearch News
Our Sponsor
Our Sponsor
Home > News > Warwickshire club attempt World Record
News
Your News Warwickshire club attempt World Record
23
MAR

WARWICKSHIRE club Stratford will attempt to set a Guinness World Record for the highest completed number of passes in an hour during a weekend of challenges at their Pearcecroft ground on the weekend on May 6 to 8.

From 6pm on May 6 Stratford members will be involved in a 48 hour passing marathon aimed at completing one million passes over the weekend. The balls used for the event will then be passed around the world in a global link-up with two other Stratford clubs.

All participants at Pearcecroft will be sponsored with 60 per cent of the funds raised going to the Stratford RFC Trustees Development Funds and the other 40 per cent divided between Wooden Spoon and Help for Heroes.

The night shifts will be manned by the clubs older teams with the youngsters taking on the challenge with families and friends during the daylight hours.

Incorporated in the passing marathon will be the record attempt within the guidelines set by Guinness World Records involving teams of 15 aged 11 upwards.

Teams will use six World Balls which will be collected by TNT Express on May 8 and taken to Stratford Blackswans RFC Ontario, Canada then to Stratford RFC in Taranaki in New Zealand.

At each of those clubs the World Balls will be passed once, with one ball being left as a gift. The four remaining balls will return to the UK and be donated to Stratford, Help for Heroes and Wooden Spoon.

Sponsors
join Free
Free Site
Online Coaching
Directory